Greater (Spell Name)
Any spell whose name begins with greater is alphabetized in this chapter according to the second word of the spell name. Thus, the description of a greater spell appears near the
description of the spell on which it is based. Spell chains that have greater spells in them include those based on the spells arcane sight,
command, dispel magic, glyph of warding, invisibility, magic fang, magic weapon, planar
ally, planar binding, prying eyes, restoration, scrying, shadow conjuration, shadow evocation, shout, and teleport.
- Arcane Sight, Greater As Arcane Sight, but also reveals magic effects on creatures and objects.
- Command, Greater As Command, but affects one subject/level.
- Dispel Magic, Greater As Dispel Magic, but +20 on check.
- Glyph Of Warding, Greater As Glyph Of Warding, but up to 10d8 damage or 6th-level spell.
- Heroism, Greater Gives +4 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks; immunity to fear; temporary hp.
- Invisibility, Greater As Invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible.
- Magic Fang, Greater One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/four caster levels on attack and damage rolls (max +5).
- Magic Weapon, Greater +1 bonus/four levels (max +5).
- Planar Ally, Greater As Lesser Planar Ally, but up to 18 HD.
- Planar Binding, Greater As Lesser Planar Binding, but up to 18 HD.
- Prying Eyes, Greater As Prying Eyes, but eyes have True Seeing.
- Restoration, Greater As Restoration, plus restores all levels and ability scores.
- Scrying, Greater As Scrying, but faster and longer.
- Shadow Conjuration, Greater As Shadow Conjuration, but up to 6th level and 60% real.
- Shadow Evocation, Greater As Shadow Evocation, but up to 7th level and 60% real.
- Shout, Greater Devastating yell deals 10d6 sonic damage; stuns creatures, damages objects.
- Spell Immunity, Greater As Spell Immunity, but up to 8th-level spells.
- Teleport, Greater As Teleport, but no range limit and no off-target arrival.